Monday, August 15, 2011

Classroom Pics!

I feel like I have been living at school lately! After putting in some VERY long hours this last week I feel like my classroom is finally coming together. I'm not sure I'm ready for school to start tomorrow though! Here are some pictures of my kindergarten classroom (I have taken so many great ideas from other bloggers-as I'm sure you'll see in the pics-so please don't think I came up with everything!).

This is the view you get when you first walk through the door.


Here is my whole group teaching area.


Here is my calendar wall (my math work station tubs are numbered and ready to go on the shelf below).


Here is my classroom library-it is my favorite part of the room!


Here is a close-up of one of the library shelves.

On top of this shelf is the leveled section of my library.

I plan to read the class many stories from this comfy green chair I got at Target.


Here is my bulletin board with my lovely tissue paper flowers hanging above.


Here is the writing center.


Here is the alphabet center.


Here is the drama center-so many puppets!


Here is my art easel and my sand table (which is full of play-doh activities right now).


Here is the housekeeping center.


Here is the listening center.


Here is the science center.


Here is the pocket chart center.


Here is the blocks center (later in the year the big book center will be here on the rug).


Here is where I keep my word work activities.


Here is my guided reading table.
Looks like the kids will have a great view of the playground as I am trying to teach them!

Right next to my guided reading table is my "teacher area" to help keep me organized!


Here is a view from the back of the room.
You can see my 4 student tables and then past them are my cubbies against the side wall.


I have a few more pictures I'll have to post later in the week-but right now I'm off to prepare my plans for the first day of school! Hopefully everything goes smoothly tomorrow-I'm getting a little nervous since I have 21 students this year and I've never had so many before (I know lots of you bloggers have even more students than that-so I'll just be thankful I only have 21!).

Several bloggers are having classroom photo linky parties. Head on over to "Pocket Full of Kinders", "Thoughts of a Third Grade Teacher", and "Teaching Blog Addict" to link up and check out all the neat classroom pics!


31 comments:

  1. Your room looks wonderful! Have a great first day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I am obsessed with your classroom!!! I especially love your adorable reading center (the owl pillow is sooo cute! it took everything I could to not buy it when I saw it! lol) and your cookie jar pocket chart activity!! Too cute!

    Hadar

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!! I love the library!!I love the group area and the puppets!! I just love your room!! Wish I was teaching K!!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Especially the reading area. Good luck tomorrow!

    http://mskerriandherkrazykindergarten.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your room looks sooo nice!!! Tomorrow is my first day too, but I only have 12. Next year I'll have 22 and I'm already worried... but I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it! :) Good luck tomorrow!!

    Marvelous Multiagers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great room. Tomorrow is my first day too, I have 15 right now. Have a great week.
    Rose
    The Wonderful World of Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  7. GORGEOUS!!! I love the "vowels are the glue in words" display. I might have to steal that!!

    Nicole
    The Kinder Kid

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nicole-I printed the vowel display poster and glue bottles from these 2 blogs:

    http://tunstalltimes.blogspot.com/2011/07/vowels-visual.html

    http://theteacherwife.blogspot.com/2011/02/were-e-i-o-u.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your room looks great! Good luck w/kiddos!
    I love your library...it's so cute and inviting! Where, oh, where did you get the Pete the Cat stuffed character?
    megandw@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Meredith! I forgot you were starting today too. My group will be better with more practice too... I think I just didn't make it clear what exactly I expected from them. They were good in the hallway though because I made a BIG DEAL about how to walk.

    Anyway, about the playdough! If you look at the picture I put up, I divided the dough into 12 little balls. The size I made was pretty good, they could make little letters and shapes. So if you have 21 I would recommend a double batch! The recipe I posted worked really well. I did have the kids keep the playdough inside the bag until the color had spread - they'll need to squish it a lot before the color spreads. After that though, they took it out and everything went fine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, love love! Beautiful room! I am sure you and your students will have a wonderful year in such a fun classroom!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for linking up and joining my blog hop

    Ms. Patterson
    Pocket Full of Kinders

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi. I just came across your classroom pictures from the link on Teaching Blog Addict. I love the size of your room. You are quite organized. I wish I had as many books as you and I love that you have big windows! Have a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I adore your room! Do you have a whole room picture, maybe looking in from the door? Trying to get an idea of the size & layout. Love it! Your library area is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wish I could hire you to set up my room! Amazing class library! Have fun with your kindergarten class!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I enjoyed viewing your pictures. You have done an amazing job with your room. I love the class library. Enjoy your kindergarten class!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I wish I could hire you to set up my room! Amazing class library! Have fun with your kindergarten class!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love it! Especially your library. Did you paint the wall yourself?

    http://afairytalefirstgrade.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I <3 your entire room! Love the library, I'm thinking of doing that in my daughters room in the corner! Awesome ideas! I wish I was a teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome room! Makes me want to be a teacher! I <3 it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Where did you get the colorful bins you use in the leveled section of your library? I'm trying to re-organize my library to make it more user-friendly. Right now all the books are just jumbled together on the shelves...I really want to separate them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bins I use for the leveled books are from: www.reallygoodstuff.com

      Delete
  22. where did you get all the cute stuffed animals to go with the books? mrscatherwood@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Where did you get your stuffed animals to go along with the books? mrscatherwood@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I've built up my collection of stuffed animals over the years-often I'll see ones that go along with books being sold at bookstores like Barnes & Noble or sometimes toy stores or even Target!

      Delete
  24. nice room!!! it's give idea fr design my classroom :))

    ReplyDelete
  25. nice room!! its help me to design my class room fr new semester :))

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am so inspired! Your classroom is fantastic. There is no doubt how much work you put into each and every detail! Thanks for taking the time to photograph and share for the world. What a beautiful job you've done for those blessed kids who get to be in your room.

    I taught kindergarten for four years from 2004-2008, and now I stay home with my kids. I am planning to homeschool in a few years, and so was taking a break from homeschool blogs to look up kindergarten schedules. Your half day schedule reminds me much of the one I used. Your pictures are very inspiring and I will have to get to work to provide my children with the wonderful things you have for your students. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete